The New Jersey State Fair/Sussex County Farm and Horse Show will be held from August 2-11, 2013 at the Sussex County Fairgrounds. Considering that prices are always increasing, it’s refreshing to know that admission to the fair is the same as 2012.
Adult admission price is $12 ($9 for seniors 60+; proof of age required). By doing a little advanced planning, you can save some money. Advance ticket sales until August 1st is $10
|Old fair photo
Sussex County Fairgrounds
37 Plains Rd.
Augusta, NJ 07822
According to the web site dedicated to fair activities, its mission (with my editorial comments in parentheses) is:
- To showcase New Jersey’s agriculture (we ARE, after all, the Garden State)
- Provide safe, family-friendly entertainment (safe and friendly are always optimal)
- Present educational activities (learning something new keeps the brain cells flexible)
- Promote youth development (always a good thing)
- Give financial support to charitable non-profit agencies ($$$ helps)
This says it all, friends. The NJ State Fair is THE place to experience country living at its best, and something I look forward to every summer. Maybe I’ll see you there.
The Whistling Swan Inn
110 Main St.
Stanhope, NJ 07874