If kicking back and relaxing is part of your ideal Stanhope, NJ getaway, then we have just the thing for you! Sample the latest and greatest beers coming out of our region when you visit us here at the Whistling Swan Inn. We’ve compiled a list of must-try places so you can spend your time on the things that matter—sipping great beer!
Top 6 Breweries Near Stanhope, NJ:
- Czig Meister Brewing Company — Social distancing is easy at the Czig Meister Biergarten. Bring your own food and enjoy outdoor seating as you sample a wide range of local craft beers. Czig Meister Brewing Company has five standard beer offerings as well as an assortment of one-off brews so there is always something new to try. Czig Meister’s motto is “Master Your Craft” and that guiding principle shines through in each of their batches.
- Long Valley Pub & Brewery — This place has it all—unique brews, pub tours, live entertainment, delicious food, and an atmosphere second-to-none! Located in a beautifully restored 200-year-old barn, Long Valley Pub serves only beers brewed on-site (although they also have a full bar). You won’t be able to get this beer anywhere else. Try their German-inspired Grist Mill Hefeweizen or their New Jersey IPA, which is like a New England IPA but with a New Jersey twist!
- Man Skirt Brewing — Bring your own food to this brewery and enjoy their delicious beers and hard seltzers. Guests love their flagship brews, but you’ll also want to try their creative, seasonal drafts, like their Bean Counter Nitro or their Lederskirten Oktoberfest. If you’re into seltzers, the pistachio flavor is a must-try!
- Fort Nonsense Brewing — Sit back and relax in the beer garden at one of Morris County’s favorite family-run watering holes. Choose from a variety of flavors on tap and order cans or growlers to-go! Fort Nonsense has board games, books, trivia nights, and even yoga classes, so it’s a great place to spend some time taking it easy. Make sure to take a tour while you’re there too.
- Angry Erik Brewing — Indoor and outdoor seating is available at this unique and cozy microbrewery. The friendly staff and wide variety of beer make this a local favorite. Try their “Jotun the Giant” imperial brown ale or their “Dark Side of the Leaf” stout with pumpkin spices. Stop here on your way to hike the Paulinskill Valley Trail or after horseback riding at Spring Valley Equestrian Center.
- Jersey Girl Brewing Company — Bring a chair to sit out on the lawn and enjoy this brewery’s delicious offerings. Try their five-time award-winning “King Gambrinus,” a Belgian style ale, or their tropical IPA, “Rake Breaker.” Jersey Girl Brewing offers live music and cornhole events, so make sure to check out their website to see what fun activities are being offered during your stay with us!
We love sharing the best of Stanhope with our guests. Not only will these local breweries give you a taste of New Jersey, but you’ll be supporting local businesses as well. Book your stay at Whistling Swan Inn and see why we’re one of New Jersey’s best-kept secrets!