Mini Brown Sugar Cheesecakes
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve of four-section graham crackers from a 14.4 oz box)
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 T, plus 1 tsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 T lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 candied ginger or slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine graham crackers crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Add butter and stir until combined. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup of a buttered 24-cup mini muffin pan; press down to form a sold bottom layer. Bake for about 5 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool. Reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With beater running, add eggs 1 at a time. Add lemon juice and zest, vanilla, ground ginger and brown sugar and beat until combined. Divide filling equally among muffin cups and bake until firm, approximately 15-20 minutes. Transfer to to a wire rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate until set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Gently run a knife around the cheesecakes' edges to loosen them and invert pan to release the cakes. Transfer to a cake stand and garnish with candied ginger or slivered almonds.